Countdown Clock

Saturday, January 5, 2013

New Year Brings Sickness: Day 5

Day 5

I meant to blog everyday. . .and I will get better. Unfortunately that minor head cold I had on Tuesday was a full blown cold on Wednesday. So in an effort to run everyday, I ran in place for 1 minute (Day 2). I know it's not exactly what I meant by running, but I can't afford to get sicker. It paid off though, I am almost completely better today! 

Day 3: Not only did I decide to try and sweat things out again, but I caught Michael right after his strength work out and convinced him to do a short HIIT workout with me. In an effort to get my speed back to what it was a few years ago, I have been working on 1:1 during my HIIT runs. This means I am sprinting for a minute and walking for a minute. I was incredibly proud of myself for getting my sprints back up to 10.0 mph and keeping my walking between 4.0 and 4.3 mph. I was only able to get 2.25 miles because I was running in between Personal Training sessions, but I was happy with it. The funniest part of the run was hearing Michael on the treadmill going "oh screw it", him speeding up on the treadmill, and then saying "it won't go any faster!" Hahaha, I would have been laughing if I wasn't focusing on staying on not tripping during my sprint.

Day 4: Yesterday I had nothing to do after work (seeing as Michael worked all night, everyone else is coming down with some nasty virus, and I don't have school), so I spend a couple hours there filling out paperwork and working out. I didn't feel like working out, so I had convinced myself to at least run 1 mile and complete an ab circuit. I ended up running 2 miles and this is what my workout looked like when I was finished:

(I actually only did 2 sets of the abs and the upper body)

Right now I am training for a 5k and a Half Marathon. I haven't found a 5k to run yet, but I know I am going to be running the Abraham Lincoln Half Marathon again this year. Michael is running it too. . .slightly involuntarily. . .but he is a good sport, he'll do just about any race or physical challenge if asked (he may be slightly competitive).

That's all I've got for now. Going to enjoy a relaxing evening in my sweats, with a wonderful chicken-topped salad, a diet coke, and the entire collection of Friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment