Countdown Clock

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy 2013! 

I cannot tell you how many times I have written/typed the year 2012 in the last 24 hours!
Looking back I feel like the last year flew by so quickly, but I also can think about days, weeks, and months that were full of challenges that seemed to drag on.
2012 held many challenges, being the hardest year of school I have experienced since I started working a full-time job (sometimes overtime) while still taking a full load of classes. I have never struggled so much to balance life and a schedule. I also ended up in the emergency room for the first time due to a terrible kidney infection (which we thought was appendicitis) that knocked me off my feet for nearly 3 weeks. 

This year was also full of personal accomplishments:

Running my first half marathon (with my incredible boyfriend)!


Completing my first Tough Mudder (wouldn't have finish without him)!



Passed my CPT exam (and landed a job at a gym)!


2012 was definitely a year of discovery; discovering a career path that correlates with my passions, discovering how hard I can physically push myself, discovering new sports, discovering a path to a healthier body, discovering what trusting truly means (people and God), among many other things.
Although I am sure this will change, 2013 seems like it is going to be a year for new beginnings and commitment. If you know me, you know that I have a short attention span. Its not that I get bored with things, but I get interested in too many things at one time and end up overwhelmed or forgetting about something. I struggle to commit to certain things. . .like committing to fold my laundry everyday (haha, this is just a lost cause), blog everyday, pre-cook meals every week, etc.

This year I am going to teach myself to be more organized and stick to my commitments. 

My top 5 goals for 2013 (I'll post the entire list as soon as I finish):
  1. Run 365 days, everyday this year (doesn't matter how far I run, I am sure there will be short days).
  2. Run a half marathon and beat last year's time (02:07:43)
  3. Run {five} 5k races and PR in at least one (current PR 23:29)
  4. Persistently pursue couponing, budgeting, and saving
  5. Be personally responsible: keeping things clean and organized


No comments:

Post a Comment