Countdown Clock

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

365 Days of Running: Day 1

Day 1
I really had to talk myself into running today. I have been fighting a head cold and have been feeling drowsy and sluggish all day. Since I spent most of the day at the gym as it is (as a Personal Trainer, I spend a lot of time there), getting on a treadmill is typically not exceptionally appealing to me. However, it was only 22 degrees outside and I really do not want my measly little cold to turn into something worse. 

The secret to running/working out when you aren't feeling like it? Remove possible excuses and prepare for success! I had a three hour break this afternoon from work in which I could have worked out, but I was feeling overly drowsy and lightheaded. So I headed home to eat something to give me some energy later, took a nap, relaxed, and made sure my bag was packed with my workout clothes (and cold medicine).

So when I finished my last session this evening 30 minutes before the gym closed, I quickly changed into my workout clothes and hoped on the treadmill, mentally reminding myself that I just needed to get a run in and not overdo it since I am sick. Although I only had time for a 20 minute run, I felt so much better afterward. I had a little more energy, my head wasn't quite as clogged up, and I felt a personal sense of achievement for making myself get up and sweat. Not to mention, I maintained 8:34 miles for most of the 2.25 mile run, which is great considering I haven't done a lot of running over the last month (and ate a lot of cookies)!

Another secret to motivate yourself to run? New and/or awesome workout gear!
My pretty new {Christmas} shoes! LOVE THEM! 
(I never liked how Nike shoes fit me in the past, but I absolutely LOVE these shoes! They are lightweight, narrow fitting, and supportive! And my boyfriend even picked out my favorite colors!)

Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment